Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Now What? Using the Harvest


You can practice fractions when you cut up your tomatoes and pumpkins to cook them. Each individual fruit or vegetable is its own whole. Practice finding halves, quarters, and any other fractional piece you can safely cut. Name what shapes the fruits and fractional pieces are.

Cooking and preserving are good ways to practice conversions. When making a batch of mashed potatoes determine how many pounds of potatoes you will need to feed the whole class.

Ratios and measurement conversions are important when making pickles.

For example, when making dill beans it is important determine how many pounds of green beans you will need to make 7 quarts of dill beans.

(Geometry, Measurement, Numbers and Operations)
*
www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/824/536820.JPG
simplegreenaction.ca
flickr.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice Post!

    Very informative and I love your post so much.
    I will follow your instruction in future. I have a website about garden, I share my post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus. But I could not found enough visitors. Can you tell me! How can I get much visitors?

    Thanks For Sharing With Us.

    ReplyDelete